Cheese Sausage Stratta
· Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 1 hour
· Yield: 12 Servings 15
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 9 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 9 slices bread, cubed ( I used whole wheat)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese ( I used half shredded swiss, too)
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
Step by step instructions:
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the eggs, milk, bread, cheese, bacon and mustard. Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.